If you have a chipped, damaged, or discolored tooth, a cosmetic dental procedure such as tooth bonding might help you regain confidence in showing off your pearly whites. Tooth bonding is a process in which your dentist repairs damage to one or more of your teeth using a tooth-colored composite resin. It’s a cost-effective alternative because it’s much less expensive than other cosmetic dentistry operations like crowns and veneers.
What is dental bonding?
Let us begin with an overview of teeth bonding. Dental bonding is a procedure in which a tooth-colored resin is applied to the tooth and cemented with a particular light, eventually “bonding” the substance to the tooth to improve the appearance of a person’s smile. Bonding is one of the simplest and least expensive cosmetic dentistry operations. It can be used to repair chipped or fractured teeth, cover gaps, change the contour of teeth, or as a cosmetic alternative to silver amalgam fillings.
What Is the Purpose of Teeth Bonding?
Teeth bonding is an option to consider:
- To restore decaying teeth (composite resins are used to fill cavities)
- To fill gaps between teeth
- Teeth that have been chipped or damaged must be restored
- To make teeth appear longer
- To alter the shape of teeth
- To improve the appearance of discolored teeth
- As a cosmetic alternative to amalgam fillings
- To protect a portion of the tooth’s root that has become exposed as the gums recede
Teeth Bonding Procedure
Visit Smile Studio Dental if you want the best dental services in Denver, CO.
Dental bonding requires little preliminary preparation. Anesthesia is rarely required unless the bonding is being used to fill a decaying tooth, the tooth needs to be drilled to change shape, or the chip is close to the nerve. A shade guide will be used by your dentist to determine a composite resin hue that closely matches the color of your tooth.
The bonding process:
The surface of the tooth will be roughened, and the dentist will apply a conditioning liquid. These processes assist in the adhesion of the bonding material to the tooth. The tooth-colored, putty-like resin is applied, shaped, and smoothed to get the desired shape. Strong light or laser is used to harden the material. After the material has solidified, your dentist will shape and polish it to match the gloss of the rest of the tooth surface.
Time to completion:
Teeth bonding takes approximately 30 to 60 minutes per tooth.
What Are the Benefits of Dental Bonding?
Dental bonding is extremely advantageous to your dental health.
- Teeth bonding is often completed in a single sitting. The treatment is painless and convenient.
- Your natural teeth will be preserved, and no part of them will be extracted.
- The bonding substance is biocompatible and non-hazardous. It is non-toxic to the body and protects your teeth from bacterial illnesses.
- Your freshly bonded teeth seem very natural and improve your overall appearance.
- It is a cost-effective solution, and investing in them can significantly enhance your dental health.
We hope that this blog has provided you with all the essential knowledge. Looking for the best dental bonding procedure in Denver, CO? Get in touch with us at Smile Studio Dental and enjoy the best dental care services.