Are you missing some or all teeth? Your dentist in Denver, CO, may recommend dental implants because of the different advantages they offer. In this blog, Smile Studio Dental shares some things to consider when choosing dental implants.
What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants act as your tooth’s roots. After you’ve lost your tooth, you’ll need to replace your missing tooth in order to keep your teeth from shifting. If you end up not replacing your missing tooth, other dental problems can arise.
Am I a Candidate for Dental Implants?
Dental implants are an excellent restorative option, but you have to be the right candidate. Dr. Sweis and Dr. Gart may recommend dental implants to patients who:
- Have one or more teeth missing
- Have healthy oral tissue and gums
- Have enough bone in their jaw to secure the implant
- Don’t have underlying health conditions
- Don’t like wearing dentures, or cannot wear dentures
- Do not smoke heavily
- Maintain good oral hygiene
It’s important to discuss dental implants with your dentist in Denver, CO, before starting the process. Contact Smile Studio Dental for a dental implant consultation. Our staff would be happy to answer any additional questions you may have about this procedure.
Advantages of Dental Implants
Dental implants are one of the most popular restorative dentistry options available because of their benefits. According to the American Dental Association, there are more than 5 million dental implantations that happen every year. Below are some of the advantages dental implants offer:
- Improves Your Smile, Giving You a Natural Look and Feel – Dental implants function like real teeth. You have to worry about them shifting or falling out in the future. If you have a few missing teeth, your restorative dentist in Denver, CO, will make sure to perfectly match the shape and color of your natural teeth. Patients are amazed by their smile transformation.
- Improves Comfort – Since dental implants are permanently placed, it eliminates the discomfort of removable dentures.
- Improves Speech – Poor-fitting dentures can cause you to slur your words. You won’t have to worry about that with dental implants!
- Made to Last – Many patients choose dental implants just because they are highly durable. Let’s face it, repairing or replacing new teeth can be very costly, not to mention time-consuming. With the right love and care, your dental implants can last for decades.
- High Success Rate – Dental implants have a reputation for a success rate of 95%. However, you must take good care of your dental implants post-oral surgery to ensure that they last a lifetime.
What to Expect When Getting Dental Implants
After you’ve let your Smile Studio dentist know that you are interested in getting dental implants, Dr. Sweis or Dr. Gart will create a custom treatment plan. This will give you everything you need to know about your specific treatment.
During your dental implant surgery, a titanium post will be placed in the socket of your missing tooth. Over time, your implant will fuse to your jawbone, which secures it. Dr. Hoang, a dentist in Bethlehem, GA, says that you can expect this process to take up to two to three months.
The last step is creating your dental crown. As we stated previously, your Denver dentist will create your new tooth to match your natural teeth. Once your dental crown is completed, your crown will be placed, and your smile will look as good as new!
"I had been missing a tooth for years and I had finally decided to get a dental implant. I went to a few doctors for consultations but I felt pressured. I ultimately ended up choosing Dr. Gart to place my implant because he was the only doctor who didn't pressure me and listened to my wants and needs which was very important to me. I could not believe how quickly and comfortably he placed my implant! I can finally chew again. Thank you Dr. Gart!
- Marcia Mersky
Contact Your Denver, CO Dentist
Now that you know the basics of dental implants, you can decide if they’re the solution for you. Whether you need dental implants or family dentistry in Denver, CO, you can always count on Smile Studio Dental. Our team is happy to help. Contact our office today for a complimentary consultation!