Dental crowns also referred to as dental caps, are protective covers that are inserted over your teeth. If you have a broken and damaged tooth structure, your Denver dentist will advise you to use these crowns. They act as armor, shielding the teeth from the exterior and adding an extra layer of protection to your damaged dental structure. Our dentists at Bradley Tew have decided to address all your dental crown-related concerns.
What Is A Dental Crown?
Before jumping into other specifics, we news to first find out what is a dental crown. Dental crowns are a type of restorative device that is used to cover a damaged or weak tooth. It acts as a cap, giving it the security it needs to regain strength and sturdiness. It looks exactly like your original teeth and is made of several materials such as porcelain or metal. It covers your damaged tooth and prevents it from affecting your appearance. The dental crowns procedure is fairly simple and you can contact your dentist in Denver in case of further doubts and concerns.
Dental Crown Cost
Now that we know what is a dental crown, let us find out how much is a dental crown from your favorite Denver dentist. The dental crown cost usually depends on the size of the affected tooth and the material used for the crown. The average dental crown cost ranges from $800 to $1500 or even more. The cost could also increase if your dentist in Denver needs to perform other procedures before putting the crowns in place. Several dental insurance companies cover these dental crown procedures and you should get in touch with them for additional information.
How Long Do Dental Crowns Last?
Now that we know how much is a dental crown let us find out how long do dental crowns last. A crown’s lifespan can range from 5 to 15 years. Some crowns are more durable than others and may last longer. Gold crowns and porcelain-fused-to-metal crowns, in general, last the longest. Although all-ceramic and all-porcelain crowns appear more natural, they are typically not as strong as their metal counterparts. All-resin crowns, on the other hand, deteriorate faster. However, with proper care and maintenance, your crowns can last you for years.
Why Should You Choose Dental Crowns?
Are you unsure whether you require a dental crown? Here are a few reasons why your dentist in Denver would suggest these to you.
- You must opt for these crowns if you are suffering from a chipped or broken tooth. They will protect your damaged teeth and restore your chewing and biting abilities.
- If you suffer from serious enamel erosion then your dentist in Denver could suggest you get crowns for yourself. You could wear them for the duration of time your teeth take to remineralize again.
- Crowns are the best solution when it comes to large fillings. Crowns can prevent further breakage and improve the appearance as well.
- A root canal procedure is usually followed by a dental crown procedure to ensure that your teeth get that extra dose of protection and can perform effectively.
- These crowns can conceal any flaws you wish to hide and completely transform the appearance of your mouth. If you want to elevate your look then these customized crowns can be your best friend.
We hope this blog has addressed all your concerns related to dental crowns. Get in touch with us at Smile Studio Dental if you are looking for the best dental crowns in Denver, CO. We will take care of all your dental needs and provide you with quality dental care.